It’s that time again; time to review all the changes for 2020. There are 273 new codes, 30 codes revision and 21 codes deletion for 2020. These coding changes go into effect on October 1, 2019. Some of these updates are quite significant and is sure to cause some gray areas for clinicians and coders alike. Make sure you and your organization are prepared for these changes and impact to your bottom line. Attendees will be provided all Official Coding Guidelines updates and in addition we will also take chapter-by-chapter in-depth look at all changes for ICD-10-CM for FY 2020.
During this webinar, our expert speaker Leonta Williams, BSHIM, RHIA, CCS, CCDS, CPC, CHONC, CEMC, CPCO, CRC, will help you sift through the coding and guideline changes, identify new and revised code description for the 2020 ICD-10-CM code set, and determine potential areas of documentation improvement for new and revised codes. Lee will also answer specific question during the live Q&A session.
- Review code set changes
- Review chapter specific updates
- Review the updates Official Coding Guidelines
- Review chapter specific revisions
- Discuss changes to MCC/CC designations
- Discuss DRG impact
- Explain the payment impact of new and revised codes
- Understand how these updates may affect your bottom line
- Tools and resources to aid in proper code selection and improve productivity
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Updates to ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- New and revised codes for the 2020 ICD-10-CM code set, which may include:
- Added specificity for acute versus chronic embolism and thrombosis
- New and revised codes for injuries due to external causes
- New codes for pressure-induced deep tissue damage
- Updated MCC/CC designations
- Impact of the changes to the 2020 ICD-10-CM code set
- Live Q&A session
Who Should Attend:
- Physician Practice Manager
- Inpatient and Outpatient coding staff and managers
- CDI Professionals
- Medical Biller
- Mid-level Providers
- HIM Managers and Staff
- Compliance Staff
- Chargemaster Coordinators
- Revenue Integrity Staff
About the Presenter:
Leonta Williams, BSHIM, RHIA, CCS, CCDS, CPC, CHONC, CEMC, CPCO, CRC, has over 15 years HIM experience as a coding director, auditor, educator, trainer, practice manager and mentor. Over the years, some of her responsibilities include physician and staff education, risk mitigation, outpatient CDI and managing remote coding personnel. Lee also periodically teaches an Intro to Risk Adjustment class for those seeking credentialing as certified risk adjustment coder.
She is founder and the past president of the local AAPC Covington, GA chapter and currently serves on AAPC’s National Advisory Board. She is also GHIMA Coding Roundtable Committee Chair. Lee is a national speaker, frequently to contributes to healthcare publication, and credentialed through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). She is heavily credentialed in coding and compliance matters and hold B.S. in Health Information Management.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162
You can also use the order form for making orders. Click here to download.