The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is proposing major changes to Evaluation and Management (E/M) services for 2019 to involve office visits. This could affect levels of service, documentation guidelines, and reimbursement for everyone. There are also proposed issues that will affect certain specialties as well as primary care. Offices are reviewing the impact it could have on their practices and preparing for the changes if they are finalized sometime in November, giving only about 6 weeks to change documentation templates, encounter forms, charge capture systems, and workflows. Many of the proposed changes may come into effect from January 1, 2019.
The expert Lynn M. Anderanin will provide guidance on the proposed changes to E&M services performed in the office, how they will likely impact your practice, and what will need to be changed in the workflow, policies, and procedures. Learn about the proposed changes to reimbursement of E&M services in the office when procedures and/or services with a 0 or 10-day global period will be significantly reduced, and how they will affect you.
This session helps you learn and understand the potential changes, as well as know why CMS is proposing these changes in the first place. Lynn will walk you through the possible payment options proposed, and the documentation changes relative to history, exam, and medical decision making. Find out what will happen if reimbursement becomes time-based, a method of reimbursement for office visits used in the early 90s. And if you’re a specialty practice that relies primarily on office visits, you’ll look forward to knowing more about the proposal to make available and report G-codes in certain scenarios where visits are more complex due to the patient’s condition.
After attending this session, you’ll be well-prepared for the changes when they most likely come into effect on January 1, 2019. Moreover, Participants will be able:
- To understand the proposed rule as it to pertains to E/M service in the office setting and begin to review the impact of these changes in your office.
- To understand proposed payment methodologies for office visits for new and established patients in 2019.
- To learn major new changes to documentation guidelines that could become reality.
- To learn how to focus the level of service on medical decision making with less focus on history and examination.
- To learn how to assign one fee for several different levels of service
- To understand potential fee reductions for office visits and procedures and/or services on the same day
- To learn additional reimbursement for some specialty providers on office visits
- To learn and understand how to prepare for the potential changes.
- Medical Record Documentation Supports Patient Care
- Documenting E/M Requires Choosing Appropriate Code
- Level of E/M Visits
- Key components when selecting the appropriate level of E/M services
- Medical Decision Making or Time
- How to Streamline E/M Payment and Reduce Clinician Burden
- Payment for E/M – Established & New Patient
- Additional Payment Codes
- Advancing Virtual Care
- Q&A Session
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Assistants
- Office Managers
- Collection Staff
About the Presenter:
Lynn M. Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC, is the Sr. Director of Coding Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physicians revenue cycle management company. She has over 35 years experience in all areas of the physician practice, and specializes in Orthopaedics. Lynn is currently a workshop and audio presenter. She is a former member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) National Advisory Board and has served on several other boards for the AAPC. She is also the founder of her local chapter of the AAPC.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162
You can also use the order form for making orders. Click here to download.