The medical billing and coding cycle can take anywhere from a few days to several months, depending on the complexity of services rendered, management of any claim denials, and how organizations collect a patient’s financial responsibility. Ensuring provider organizations understand the fundamentals of medical billing and coding can help providers and other staff operates a smooth revenue cycle and recoups all of the reimbursement allowable for the delivery of quality care.
The coding manuals and insurance carrier policies can be difficult to understand and apply to billing and coding of services. This session will walk through how to use this information for submission of clean claims and timely receipt of reimbursements.
Many events or webinar discuss how to choose codes for services and procedures as well as diagnoses coding to show why that service or procedure is necessary, but this presentation will take it one step further to show tips on how to organize and apply guidelines from several sources as well as coding manuals. We will also focus on managing these ever changing guidelines and share methods for keeping up.
- The guidelines in the coding manuals—what do they mean and how to apply them in your office
- Whether you need authorization for a particular service
- Where to find the insurance carriers’ guidelines and policies
- Report codes in correct orders
- To use appropriate modifiers
- How to meet the medical necessity when performing a service or procedure
Areas Covered in the Session:
- CPT® symbols descriptions, parenthetical, and other guidelines
- Medicare National and Local Coverage Determinations
- Commercial Insurance Carrier notifications
- Modifier 59 uses and examples
- Authorized references for factual information
- Medical necessity requirements
- Pre-authorization and Pre-certification
- Live Q&A Session
- Medical assistants
- Claims processors
- Anyone involved with Professional fee for service billing and coding
About the Presenter:
Lynn M. Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC, is the Sr. Director of Coding Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physicians revenue cycle management company. She has over 35 years experience in all areas of the physician practice, and specializes in Orthopaedics. Lynn is currently a workshop and audio presenter. She is a former member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) National Advisory Board and has served on several other boards for the AAPC. She is also the founder of her local chapter of the AAPC.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162
Email: [email protected]
You can also use the order form for making orders. Click here to download.