When you are creating claims to report charges to insurance carriers, CPT codes, HCPCS codes, and ICD-10-CM codes are used to identify the services and procedures performed. In certain circumstances, modifier are also used to share information with the insurance carrier when certain situations are involved. In this webinar we will look at the most common modifiers available, both CPT and HCPCS, and talk about when to use them, and how they affect reimbursement.
Providers often use the modifiers inappropriately, leading to claims denials. The expert Lynn M. Anderanin will discuss about the different types of modifiers, the differences between CMS and other payers, the common mistakes to avoid, and the best practices to follow. She will help you understand what to look for when auditing and offer tips on how to be in compliance and ensure correct payment.
- To know what a modifier means
- Apply the correct modifier in certain situations
- Look at circumstances when a modifier is required
- How do modifiers change reimbursement
- When is the use of a modifier inappropriate
- The abuse of modifiers and the possible consequences
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Evaluation and Management(E/M) Modifiers
- Laterality Modifiers- Are they required?
- Required Medicare Modifiers
- Modifier 22- Does it really get paid?
- Modifier 52- Should it really be used?
- The differences between modifiers 58 and 78.
- Reductions in reimbursement due to modifiers
- How post-operative periods are affected by modifiers
- Modifiers applied for anesthesia services
- Live Q&A Session
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Assistants
- Practice Manager
- Office Managers
- Any Specialty
About the Presenter:
Lynn M. Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC, is the Sr. Director of Coding Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physicians revenue cycle management company. She has over 35 years experience in all areas of the physician practice, and specializes in Orthopaedics. Lynn is currently a workshop and audio presenter. She is a former member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) National Advisory Board and has served on several other boards for the AAPC. She is also the founder of her local chapter of the AAPC.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162
Email: [email protected]
You can also use the order form for making orders. Click here to download.