The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) now makes it financially feasible for physicians to deliver care between office visits. Physicians can be reimbursed for time invested outside of regular office visits, including phone or care coordination activities, to manage their Medicare patients with multiple chronic conditions. In order to participate in Medicare’s Chronic Care Management (CCM) program, there are specific criteria that must be met.
Has Chronic Care Management Codes confused you to the point that you do not know who can do what? Evolving information surrounding these codes has made claims processing difficult for coders. What date of service, place of service, and code are you supposed to use on your claim? Do you want to provide this service but don’t know where to start? All these information will be provided in this detailed session.
The expert Jackie Cruz, CPC, CPC-I, will guide you to implement Chronic Care Management (CCM) to your practice and tell the program’s requirements.
- Review CMS Chronic Care Management (CCM) requirements and summarize visit elements.
- Identify how CCM can manage chronic conditions to close care and engage patients.
- Assess financial and quality implications of incorporating CCM as a means of practice improvement.
- Recognize the importance of CCM in relation to value-based payment
- If you are not using CCM in your practice, should you be?
- Is your documentation compliant with the requirements
- Learn the steps you need to take to implement CCM in your practice
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Chronic Care Management Overview
- Chronic Diseases Burden in the United States in the elderly
- Requirement for CCM
- Eligibility for CCM
- Chronic Condition Examples
- Documentation and Billing requirements
- What cannot be billed with CCM
- Implementing CCM into your practice
- Benefits of CCM
- Live Q&A Session
- Medical Assistants
- Coding Educators
- Office Managers
- Coding supervisors
- Coding Managers
- Clinical Staff
About the Presenter:
Jackie Cruz, CPC, CPC-I, has 25 years’ experience in this field. She is a Certified Professional Coder as well as a Certified Professional Coder – Instructor. Jackie has many areas of expertise from clinical experience, coding education, auditing and provides oversight of education and knowledge of revenue cycle for quality assurance. She works with many different clinicians, departments and specialties. Jackie’s true passion is education. Jackie leads, engages and supports the operations of the business. Jackie is currently a member of the American Academy of Professional Coder’s (AAPC).
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to the On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162