Reduce the risk of claim denial due to lack of specificity or erroneous billing. This presentation will show attendees effective appeals for the most current denials being received by practices today and give you proven examples of appeals. We will also look at effective denials management in busy medical practices.
When correctly-submitted claims are inappropriately reduced, delayed or denied, it is imperative to appeal claims in a timely manner with as much supporting documentation as possible. This course will explain the provider’s rights and responsibilities when appealing claim denials. Whether the issue is inadequate payment, denial or rejection, participants will learn to handle difficult claims management issues.
This session will walk through the entire process of a denial. Reviewing the EOB and understanding of denial and remark codes, as well as writing an appeal, to taking a claim through the appeals process as most effective as possible.
- How to identify erroneous billing procedures that result in denials and rejections.
- Understand top reasons for your claim denials
- Create a tracking system designed to minimize problems, lost revenue and audit risk.
- What should the content of an appeal be to be affective
- What to do after the claim denial
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Reasons for Claim Denials
- Writing effective appeal content
- References to support Appeal
- Action to take after denial
- Steps in changing Pre-authorization
- Steps in making sure denials are reviewed and adjudicated
- Live Q&A Session
- Medical Assistants
- Claims Processors
- Payment Posters
- Anyone involved with professional fee for service billing and coding
About the Presenter:
Lynn M. Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC, is the Sr. Director of Coding Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physicians revenue cycle management company. She has over 35 years experience in all areas of the physician practice, and specializes in Orthopaedics. Lynn is currently a workshop and audio presenter. She is a former member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) National Advisory Board and has served on several other boards for the AAPC. She is also the founder of her local chapter of the AAPC.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) 1 day before the live webcast that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162
You can also use the order form for making orders. Click here to download.