“The Times They Are A-Changing” There are many practice opportunities for physicians to consider for the future. Will you remain in solo practice? Merge with others to form a bigger single specialty, multi-specialty group or ACO? Join a Foundation or University Affiliation? This workshop will present a balanced discussion of options and issues for physicians to consider before making these important practice decisions.
This workshop will be presented by the expert, Debra Phairas, President Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC who has advised physicians in making these critical transitions including shoring up solo or small groups, merging practices, consulting on being acquired and negotiating compensation for physicians.
After attending this session, attendees will be able to learn:
- How to compare “apples to apples” with present compensation versus WRVU formula offers
- How to negotiate the sale of the practice to a hospital
- Important elements to negotiate in contracts to avoid malpractice conflicts of interest
- How to evaluate new models such as University IPAs
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Is solo or small group practice viable for the future?
- How to survive and thrive by savvy management and marketing
- Merger Mania – Should you merge with others?
- Single Specialty or Multi-Specialty – pros and cons
- Joining a Foundation, University Affiliation or Hospital Outpatient Clinic Model
- When to consider an offer and How to assess an offer
- Will goodwill or intangible asset value be included or excluded and how will this be valued?
- How will tangible assets including equipment be valued?
- How many years should the contract be guaranteed?
- New models such as affiliation with Universities – Private Practice but with University Contract Rates
- Governance and decision making ability?
- Compensation models including base salary and $ per Work RVU – How this works
- What will it be like being an employee?
- What if I want to leave?
- Will I be restricted from advocating for my patient? Malpractice Risks for Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Hospital Administrators
- Healthcare Managers
- Medical practice
- Hospital management
About the Presenter:
Debra Phairas is President of Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC a nationally recognized firm specializing in practice management and malpractice prevention. Her background includes medical clinic administration and loss prevention management for NORCAL Mutual, a physician malpractice insurance carrier in Northern California. Her BS is from Michigan State University and her graduate work at Golden Gate University San Francisco MBA Health Services Administration program. Her consulting experience includes over 2,000 practices of all sizes and specialties. Typical engagements include: practice start-ups, practice assessments, mergers, financial analysis, revenue enhancement, overhead reduction, personnel management, over 500 practice valuations, expert witness, partnership issues and recruitment support for hospitals and physician groups. She has presented seminars and lectures nationwide for state and local medical/dental associations, management organizations and specialty societies.
You will receive an email with login information and handouts (presentation slides) 1 day before the live webcast that you can print and share to all participants at your location.
Operating System: Windows any version preferably above Windows Vista & Mac any version above OS X 10.6
Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
Headset: Any decent headset and microphone which can be used to talk and hear clearly
Can’t Listen Live?
No problem. You can get access to On-Demand webinar. Use it as a training tool at your convenience.
For more information you can reach out to below contact:
Toll-Free No: 1-302-444-0162
Email: [email protected]
You can also use the order form for making orders. Click here to download.